Two Months in New Jersey!

As I sit here writing, there is a fire going in the fireplace, a football game on TV, a Christmas tree lit and glowing, and a family, busily going about their evening of cleaning, studying and relaxing. I look around at this home and this family that has so graciously opened up to me, and I can't help but be overcome with thankfulness. New Jersey has not been without its challenges, but looking at the bigger picture, its unbelievable what God has done.

Almost immediately upon my arriving to this home, I felt accepted and grafted in. Caroline and Alex have made me feel so welcomed. They have become my family. We have sat and talked about things ranging from  the spiritual to finances. They have given me advice and exhortation when it has been needed. They have fed me, housed me, laughed with me and accepted me. Through them, the Lord has given me a taste of what a family that is serving the Lord looks like. There are so many things I could say about them, but it wouldn't do it justice.

Tomorrow, it will be two months since I started my job. Within weeks of starting part-time, I was hired full-time. It feels redundant to say, but its the truth, I have been so welcomed here. My co-workers are quickly becoming friends and its been a pleasure to get to know them. I am not entirely sure what my role is here, but we're learning together. Every day is a new day with different assignments, but I am so grateful to be here; to see the fulfillment of what God had spoken to me.

I've noticed that there is something sweet about the church here in New Jersey. There is a passion for Jesus. There is a passion for evangelism and discipleship. It has been beautiful going to service and hearing the congregations voices over the worship leaders. Something that they have every month is a prayer, praise and communion night. It is incredible to see the people come out, worship their Savior and come before Him with their petitions and the Presence of the Lord is always felt.

It is weird to be away from home, from friends and my grandma, especially during the holiday season. It doesn't feel like I am as far away as I am and I am definitely yearning to be able to  have the fellowship with my girlfriends that I am used to. I've met a few girls my own age, but I am still new and having friends to hang out with consistently is still a work in progress.

Its hard to summarize the work that the Lord is doing in my heart. He's been speaking to me about ministry and forming in my heart desires for what I think my future might hold. Lets just say, its a lot.

I am thankful to those of you who have been praying for me, I covet them and appreciate them so much. A few ways that you can continue to keep me in prayer are as follows:
  • A more permanent place to live - I am staying with a family who agreed to host me temporarily. Every door I've attempted to step through, the Lord has closed. I am supposed to meet with a family within the next week to see about renting a room from them for a few months. So that the Lord would give wisdom and favor.
  • Direction at work - that the Lord would clarify and give wisdom on why it is He called me here, specifically to this church.
  • Direction in ministry - where to serve. Right now, I am praying about children's ministry, as the Lord has given me a heart for little ones. :)
  • Friends -  Like I said, I have a few girls that I have met, but I just am asking the Lord that He would form friendships in Him, that I would have godly girlfriends to fellowship with on a more regular basis.
  • For my Grandma - she is lonely with me not there. We talk every other day, but still, my presence is missed as is hers by me. But thankfully, Christmas is coming soon and I will be coming home for a week.


"For with God nothing will be impossible." (Luke 1:37)

Comments

  1. I always feel so encouraged after reading your blog! Thanks for sharing your heart! I am praying for you, my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am not Perfect

Hope in the Midst

Things I Can't Tell You