New Jersey, or Bust!

Up until a few years ago, I never thought that I would leave California. Up until the beginning of this year, I never thought I would go to the East Coast. Well, maybe thats not true, I thought I would go, but I never thought I would move there. God, however, had other plans and slowly but surely He's conformed my plans to His.

This year, the Lord opened the door for me to go out to New Jersey on two separate missions trips to serve the people hit by Hurricane Sandy. Subsequently, I fell in love with the places I went and the people I met; and the Lord stirred in me the desire to take steps of faith and leave California and head to New Jersey.

The Lord has continuously and constantly confirmed through scripture and people. I've never been more sure of what the Lord is doing in my life than I am of this: New Jersey will soon be my home.

Now, the main reason for this blog: I'd like to ask you for prayer. There are still quite a few things I need to figure out and quite a few questions that I don't have answers to. (Although, the Lord has gifted me with faith for this season that He is going to do all of this in His time!)

So, first, I have a phone appointment with a Pastor at the church I'm looking to work and/or serve with next Wednesday. This phone call will, prayerfully, open up the door that the Lord would have me walk through. I am praying specifically for a job on staff. So please pray for the Lord's will in this area, that the right door would be open to me and that the Lord would be working and moving on the Pastor's heart to get me where He wants me.

Secondly, prayer for the drive out there when the time comes. Unfortunately, it's quite expensive to rent a u-hual or a trailer to move my things. So most likely, I'll have to sell most of my things and re-buy once I get out there unless the Lord provides the finances or the means to move my things. I also would like to find someone to drive with me when I make the trip.

Thirdly, prayer for housing. I am not quite sure where I will live once I get out there. I can't really afford to move into an apartment right away, especially after the expenses of moving. Most likely, I'll have to rent a room from a family in the church. But, if I sell my things to make the drive, I won't have anything to furnish the room. So an ideal situation would be with a family from the church, renting a room that would be furnished.

And lastly, just prayer for the adjusting to a whole new environment without anyone know. I have heard bits and pieces from people I know there or who have lived there on what to expect, but I really have no idea what to expect.

All in all, I am so very excited. I know that God is leading me here and I know that where God guides, He provides. So I look forward to watching Him work all these details out into His perfect plan. Thank you, in advance, for all your prayers!

Comments

  1. Super excited to see what the Lord does in and through you! Taking a step of faith and moving to New Zealand was the most amazing and life changing thing I have ever done and so Worth it!!! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessy! It is so exciting and I can't wait to see what the Lord does! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am not Perfect

Hope in the Midst

A Different Kind of Woman