Come Boldly

I've been arrested by the thought of Jesus as my High Priest. As I've thought more about it, I became even more aware of the fact that I've always had access to God. Never in any of my years on earth, have I not had full and complete access to God. (Not to say that I haven't always taken advantage of it.) I can't imagine not being able to pray openly to God, addressing Him as Father in every day conversation or being asked to constantly give sacrifices for my sin. Could you imagine? Not being able to go to God with everything and anything that was on our hearts? Every worry or concern? Not being freely cleansed of sin just because we asked, but that we had to go and make sacrifice after sacrifice? I can't imagine that only one man, once a year, could enter into the Holy of Holies on behalf of every individual and that only he would be able to enter the presence of God. Because of what Christ has done, because He was obedient to the Father, He gave not only salvation and forgiveness of sin, but He tore the veil that we could have access to the throne of grace and our God who sits there. So that every person, for the past 2,000 plus years could have unhindered, open access to God. I was been reminded that the only walls up between God and myself are the ones that I have put up, because He tore down anything that would prevent me from coming to Him freely. 

"Let [me] therefore, come boldly to the throne of grace, that [I] may obtain mercy and find grace to help in the time of need." (Hebrews 4:16)

Comments

  1. mhmm. he tore the walls down :) we are such a privileged and chosen generation!!\

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am not Perfect

Hope in the Midst

A Different Kind of Woman