New Things


“Behold, the former things have come to pass, and new things I declare; before they spring forth I tell you of them.” -Isaiah 42:9 
The Lord lead me to Isaiah 42-44 this week. Reading through these chapters, the Lord spoke a lot of things to me. However, this particular verse spoke volumes to me. Recently, I’ve had the impression that my life is on the cusp. As I sat reading this over yesterday, it was as if the Lord was speaking to my heart. “I’m doing a new thing, the old things have passed.” I felt as though yesterday was the first day to the next chapter of my life. 
As I read the whole of chapters 42-44, I got a bigger picture of God. He describes Himself as Lord, Light in darkness, Savior, Creator, King, the One who blots out our transgressions, Redeemer and Maker of all things. But I also get a bigger picture of who I am to Him: He keeps me, holds me, calls me and knows me by name, He will never leave me, He walks with me through the storms, I am precious to HIm and loved by Him, He chose me and He will never forget me. 
The level of intimacy I see described in these chapters is what I long for. A relationship so close, I hear from Him constantly and that I am ever aware of His presence and love. Maybe this is what He means when He says He is going to do new things. Maybe His “new things” cause me to lay aside what ever I had imagined or pictured my life to be like. Maybe it means setting aside preconcieved notions on what it means to walk with the Him. Maybe it means laying aside everything I am in exchange for anything and everything He has for me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am not Perfect

Hope in the Midst

A Different Kind of Woman